Passport application and renewal general requirements
• The Birth certificate or an extract from the National Archives of Haiti
• The Old passport
• The marriage or divorce certificate (for married and divorced women); Certificates originating outside of Haiti must be authenticated by a Haitian institution
• A valid and official piece of identification
• Two passport-sized, color photos on a white background
• A police report (in case of theft or loss of passport)
• A parental authorization signed by a parent or legal guardian, if the application is made on behalf of a minor ( all minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian)
Note: A certified translated copy of non-French documents is required.
Important: Our Embassy in Washington, DC, issues the biometric passport which is machine-readable and contains a data chip that allows for the automatic identification of the registered person.
Fees and processing time:
• Regular processing (20 business days): $93.00
• Rush Processing (10 business days): $123.00
• Shipping fee $ 15.00
We accept money orders and/or debit & credit cards ($3.50 additional fee)